Thursday, December 14

work-stuff

Things have been interesting lately. Several observations of late:

I have done more christmas shopping this year than ever before. This is a good thing. I am truly thankful for the chance to give cool things to my friends.

For the first time, I was not carded for alcohol... sigh.

I'm currently working on my third alcoholic beverage in as many weeks - this has got to be some sort of record for me. :-) Also: beer and taquitos, baby. Oh yeah.

Brenhaug's bachelor party was last weekend. Poor guy, going and getting married like that... thankfully I get to go to Hawaii (in 2 weeks!) and go to the wedding - Michy and Brian are great, individually, and together.

Work has had a "secret santa" thing over the last week - it's been crazy-fun. In addition to tons of chocolate, I received a snow-globe with like ten puppies around it ( =overload of cuteness), a glass chess set, and a "The Office" calendar. I think everybody who participated felt as loved as I did - and it felt really good to give, as well.

Speaking of work, here's a photo taken by our Safety Coordinator, who was documenting the state of things in lab and decided that Lizbeth and myself were also worthy of record. Anyhow, I thought it captured us quite well:






(Fig. 1: Liz shows me how to run the DMA, or "Dynamic Mechanical Analysis" machine. Oh, it's as exciting as it sounds, trust me.)

2 comments:

Greg said...

Oh cool. Does that machine measure the elastic (or inelastic?) properties of a polymer as it is loaded at different rates or frequencies? I wouldn't mind one of those for Xmas.

Renee Christine Campbell said...

haha Its ok Jordan for not being carded. I just went to a bar Saturday where they failed to card me. Maybe cause I was with some married ffriends in their thirties, but either way I was amused.