Tuesday, July 11

Happenings.

I suppose it's been a little while. I have good excuses, my adoring public, regarding why I haven't been posting more...

Saturday of July 4th weekend, my car broke down. A bearing burned out on the right-front wheel while Peter, Kathryn, Mike and I were on our way to the beach. It was quite the bummer. But, I got the chance to hang out around Claremont for the weekend, eating scrumptious food with them and watching fireworks at Pomona on the 4th. It was restful.

I've watched some interesting movies lately - the Russian film "Night Watch" was very weird but overall pretty good, and fun to watch. Yay for Josiah and finding us good movies.

Also, I finally got around to seeing "The Village," that movie from a few years back. Two thumbs up! It was a great movie, suspenseful, engaging, endearing - visually and emotionally involving in all the right ways in all the right places.

I saw it last Friday, which is also when my internet went out. Tonight, it is back - the phone company accidentally pulled some wire, and our line was dead, but now it's been fixed.

I wish I could say the same for my car. I got it back last Wednesday, with bearings replaced and all, so it's driveable, but over the course of the last week I've noticed an odd noise that it didn't used to make. So, this weekend, it's back to the shop... and I'm going to minimize the amount of driving I do before then.


Random other news (it seems to be the only kind I have, huh):

John Matsui invited me to go with him to England in February of 2008. I currently have no other plans, and would really like to see the UK at some point anyhow... so it's penciled in. :-)

I correctly predicted that if Italy won the World Cup, Stephen Colbert would make a huge deal out of how the US was co-champions (since we tied with Italy, previously).

I like getting mail, especially awesome postcards with cute pictures on them.

LAUP visiting day is this Saturday! but my car will be in the shop! who else is going, and has an extra seat? (to either, or both!)

I seriously need to get more exercise. :-(

Has anybody else had odd friends recommend you watch PCD music videos? You've got to be kidding me.

I've gotten to play the game "Broadside" twice in the last few weeks! Such a cool board game. My record as the British is 1/1, though. :-)

Pomegranite frappucinos? Ugggh.

I picked up a copy of "The Princess Bride" on DVD! Who wants to watch it with me?

Cooking for just myself is so boring and unfun. What do you do when you're an introvert and yet you don't really like your own company?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do get more exercise. walk to work. walk to dentist. LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

you crawl into a rabbit hole and die.


oh, and have a nice day.