Monday, April 30

Consecrate

Fall into the world
Feel, and taste
The captivating motion.
I'm just a dog with some extra rope in my pocket
Who's strayed away

But not too far, not too far away.

Lord, you know my heart
But you also know how hard it is to start these things,
To start these things.

And after all that I have seen, I have found it can't compare to You
No way to find
Peace of mind, in a world like this -
And so I come to consecrate
Myself to You.

Eyes of elusive iridescence
Are looking at me,
They're looking through me

I found myself in another,
Then I found myself lost from You
When will I learn?
When will I trust in You?

But after all that I have seen, I have found it can't compare to You
No way to find peace of mind
in a world like this
So I come to consecrate...

Take my life and let me be
Your vessel
Your instrument
Your hand, of grace.

All my life
Seems to be a circle:
I try, I fall, I try - then fall again.
But patiently You wait for me
In the midst of my philosophy, you call
I hear your voice - I hear your voice

And after all that I have seen, I have found it can't compare to You
No way to find
Peace of mind
In a world like this.
And so I come to consecrate myself to You.

- How's Kelly, "Consecrate"



I love this song. This band in general. If you want to hear this or other of their songs, just let me know.

No comments: