Tuesday, June 26

Birthday!

Sunday was my birthday!

It was quite the birthday, too. A friend suggested that we just declare it "Jordan's Birthday Week" (since they'd sent me the card early) and, in practice, it was at least Jordan's Birthday Weekend.

On Friday I got a projector! Much coolness. We watched Stranger Than Fiction and a few episodes each of Karas and Fawlty Towers. On Saturday, a small group of friends went to the Huntington Library and Gardens, and looked at art and plants. It was great! Tessa, Colleen, and Ryan baked me a chocolate cake with fresh raspberries, and it was excellent. Also, I was showered. I wonder how many more birthdays I'll be showered on… I think it'd be pretty funny if I'm 50 and having to defend myself against my friends and family… though it probably won't be around Mudd, of course. On Sunday itself, I went to Mass again, bummed around, watched The Iron Giant, and had a beautiful carrot cake made for me by Bart and Kristin. It was so yummy! And Dinosaur-y!

And the tea! I think I had at least 8 cups of tea over the course of the weekend, all excellent. These included some real Kenyan chai and some other loose-leaf tea that I had had sitting around for a while. What a great birthday!

2 comments:

Bart said...

Yay birthdays. And we're glad you liked T-Rex. :)

- Bart

Lexie said...

Hi Jordan! Great to hear you had such a good birthday! Two cakes, oh my goodness!!! your friends love you :-) Thanks for your comment!