Saturday, October 28

College pays off

My boss had a picnic today at his house, for people from the department and their families. It was a lot of fun - it was nice to see people in some of their usual context, rather than just at work.

Around the table I was at for dinner, we had myself and Tim (probably the only other Californian there, he graduated from Oxy a while back); Khanh and her sister Hannah, who both grew up in Vietnam; Ben and his wife Veronique, who moved here from Belgium just a few weeks ago; Handy, who grew up in Indonesia; and Srikant, my supervisor, who is from India of course. So much fun!
My time at college paid off - I beat Srikant at a game of ping-pong. We'll see whether or not that was the right thing to do, I suppose... ;-)

Claremont folks need to hurry up and graduate so they can have weekends free sometime. :-)

No comments: