Tuesday, September 12

not quite

In the course of weighing things today, I ran across 0.1338, and 0.1332. No 1337, though, sadly. I also came across an 0.1024, an 0.1066, and an o.1123, and good for you if you know the significance of those sequences (after the decimal point). Come to think of it, the associations with each kinda highlight my uniqueness as a person, so good luck with that. :-p All that would be needed to complete the set would be an 0.6022, an 0.1774, and an 0.4449. Go ahead and try your hand at those, too.

So yeah, it was a pretty boring Tuesday. I do what I can.


In other news, my mattress for my new bed won't get here until Saturday. Also, our washing-machine died with incredibly poor timing, so if I kinda smell, it is because I am in the process of experimentally verifying Greg's theory that dirt travels upwards, and thus clothes on the bottom of a pile of dirty clothes become clean again.

Also, this last weekend I didn't head to Claremont! aren't you proud of me?

I did end up seeing "The Illusionist," which I can recommend easily. Good ol' Vienna in the late 1800s. It's a good tale, and you can tell from about the time the tree disappears that it's just going to be a fun ride. There are two kinds of movies that I like: well-scripted movies, and well-acted personality movies - this wasn't a great movie by either standard, but it had good amounts in both categories, which still puts it a ways above the bar.

I also saw "Little Miss Sunshine." This movie is just... kinda weird. Good weird. Kinda like something Woody Allen would have been in, but better because he's not actually in it. It's a comedy, but a realistic comedy... the phrase "dark comedy" doesn't apply to things that seem to happen to most families, right?

Anyhow, I'm off. See ya later, alligators.

No comments: