Friday, September 29

Weekend Update, with Jordy

First off, the week in review:

Last weekend I saw "The Last Kiss," that new Zach Braff movie. Rather than say anything here that would spoil it for anybody, I'll keep my comments brief:
It's not an easily-likable film. But it's an excellent film. As I remarked to Jon today, "It's the kind of movie that should have warning labels on it (in the same way that the Bible should), because if you're not careful, it'll make you think about your own life and your own relationships. And who likes to do that?" ;-) I thought it was a great film, better than Garden State, as once again Zach Braff is in tune with my life and psyche. He is me, except with better hair and slightly more eclectic taste in music.

I got two new bookcases! of the small-ish variety. Also, some 400 ct. sheets (and matching pillowcases) to go on my new bed. photos soon, I promise. You would not believe how clean my room is - there are actually TWO separate routes from the door to the window.

At lunch, at work, we've been playing Diplomacy! And it's not even my copy of the game! After eating and hanging out, we really only get a turn in each day (3 so far), but it's fun stuff.

At work, one of my less intensive but tough tests of a tape involves sticking one end to a vertical metal panel, and hanging a weight from the other end, and starting a timer (that stops when the weight falls on a switch). Previously, we've had adhesive samples just slide off as soon as the weight was hung. But this week, we had two samples pass 10,000 minutes, which is the usual max-recorded-time for the test. It was good stuff.

I got Netflix this last week. So I've been watching more "House" and now have "Brick" and "Nanny McPhee" out. It's a nice service. If anybody has requests, recommendations, or just wants to watch something random with me, let me know. (There's even some of those great old silent films in their library!) :-) Pop quiz: what's your favorite movie?

Things to be done this weekend:
Get a haircut. I am looking Einsteinish again.
See people. I am behind on everybody, and it doesn't help that some peoples are obsessed with this "homework" stuff (shortened to just "work" after graduation, I suppose?) :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

molly mckinney
9/30/06
pop quiz
1. life is beautiful