Sunday, June 25

24 on the 24th

Well, I'm 24 now. And no, I didn't have 24 shots.
My sister says I'm old. She's coming up on 21 though, and starting to figure out grad-school stuff... THAT makes me feel old. :-)

I got to talk to my parents and my sister on the phone; I also received some fun cards including one with a certain Burninator on it, and one email with the Dr. Seuss birthday poem on it (Guess who that was from!) Hehe. I had a fun evening with some friends out in Claremont - and yup, I got showered. I feel loved. And, we played Seafarers, and I won. :-)

Picture proof that a) Ethan was in town, and that b) I have some freakin' awesome friends.
Shawna is describing some sort of leeching effect, I think:











And now, an excerpt from the poem Mina sent (who else would it have been?):

"Then the moment the Horn's happy honk-honk is heard
Comes a fluttering flap-flap! And then comes the bird!
The Great Birthday Bird!
And, so far as I know,
Katroo is the only place Birthday Birds grow.
The bird has a brain. He's most beautifully brained
With the brainiest bird-brain that's ever been trained.
He was trained by the most splendid Club in this nation
The Katroo Happy Birthday Asso-see-eye-ation."


Lastly but not leastly, my dad submitted some photos of the train layout he made for my sister to a magazine... we'll see if it wins any contests. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am late, but I'll make the excusse that I was on vacation and absent from my computer. Happy Belated Birthday Jord-an!!
BenStan

Anonymous said...

Your dad enjoyed viewing your blog last night, especially the layout photos.
LOVE, MOM