Wednesday, June 21

Ethan!

Well, I took Eefie B. to LAX tonight; he'd been staying with me the last couple of days. It was great to see him! normally he's off in North Carolina doing grad-school, but he was out here for a few days and he is an awesome guy. Very at-ease-putting, and source of much deep and thoughtful conversation. He, me, Shawna, BT, and Greggy went out to dinner tonight and it was so refreshing.

Cool conversations recently:
"Holland... that's also called the Netherlands, right?"
"Yeah, the Netherlands, that's where Peter Pan lives."
"That's Neverland."
"That's where Michael Jackson lives."
"That's just the Ranch."
"Like the dressing?"

Shawna: "I like rumps."

Cool lyrics discovered recently:

"Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be" - Savin' Me (Nickelback)

"5 AM on a Tuesday - Why am I up so early?
Drive out to Santa Ana ’cause I’ve got jury duty
No breakfast - short tempered
And I cut my head shaving
Ten miles out I hit traffic
Some days just aren’t worth saving

You know I haven’t had the best of days
But I want to stop and thank you anyway

At the courthouse
I waited
And waited then I waited
At lunchtime my car stalled out
I couldn’t get it started
Had a book by C.S. Lewis
I finished the last page and
Slept on my desk for three hours
Just like my high school days

You know I haven’t had the best of days
But I want to stop and thank you anyway
Cuz every single moment whether sleeping or awake
Is your creation
And what you’ve made is good
I don’t always thank you for the rough days and
The hard times in my life
Even though I should." - Jury Duty (The O.C. Supertones)


And... that's what's been up. :-)

No comments: